Hello!!

This blog is a little delayed but life has been a little hectic lately. I have travelled back home now. It’s been a little tough to keep up on the Spanish as the semester is coming to a close. This is when we are hit with several assignments and with the transition to non face-to-face means its been a lot more to manage. So instead of discussing my learning in Spanish for this week I thought I would post a bit about the places I hope to travel one day to learn Spanish authentically.

1. Costa Rica:

My family had decided they were going to go here for spring break WITHOUT ME! Sadly, these plans for them have been cancelled due to the outbreak of Coronavirus. However, someday when the quarantining is over I hope to travel here. There official language is Spanish and I would love to explore all the beautiful aspects of this country and immerse myself in the culture to learn.

I love how colourful Spanish cities always are^^

2. Brazil:

I have always wanted to go to Brazil. Rio De Janiero looks absolutely stunning. Their official language is Portuguese which has a lot of commonalities with Spanish. The second most common language here is Spanish. I would be able to pick up some Portuguese but also practice here. Another bucket list place for one day!

3. Peru:

My last big one is Peru. Machu Picchu is stunning. The Andes are incredible. I went on a Spanish school trip to Chile which shares a border with Peru. I really wish we got to go over to Peru but Chile was stunning as well. We got to see the Andes on the Chile side. I hope someday I can go to Machu Picchu as well as see the famous rainbow mountain.

I also was given an adopt an Alpaca package for my birthday last year so this is my alpaca from Peru!!! I have her until this August 🙂 I would love to go see the real alpacas there.

Hope you are staying healthy and hopefully Coronavirus goes away soon so I can get onto my travel plans!!