Hello bloggers, Aria, Casey and Kaylyn here!

For this EdTech project we are teaming up to explore our Inquiry question:

“What are some technologies that can provide support to students with learning disabilities?”

We chose this question because we are continuously learning how to make our classrooms more accessible and inclusive for every student who walks in the door.

Casey’s Class here, I wanted to quickly tell you about my experience with working with individuals with diverse abilities. I got the opportunity to work in an inclusive classroom supporting a student with autism and once I built  a relationship with this student I became his respite worker outside of the classroom. I also worked as a behavioural interventionist for a year with an adult with autism who was working at the level of a primary student. Through these opportunities,  I have seen what an inclusive education classroom can do for children with autism but also children with different learning abilities. Although the classroom isn’t for all individuals as like my older client,  myself and my group members believe in doing everything we can in order to support and include each student in the classroom. Now back to the group!

Especially now, in our tech-ridden society it is so important for us as future educators to know the tools that are available in helping all students be successful through their educational journey.

We are really interested in finding ways to help kids who have troubles communicating. Such as students who have autism, down syndrome, dyslexia, anxiety, ADHD, or speech impediments. Stay tuned as we will be diving into this topic next week!

Adios amigos,

xo

Kaylyn, Casey,  and Aria