For my provocation it was aimed towards students starting or continuing French. The wonder is “Where is French Spoken” and is aimed for the students to explore how many different places speak French. If this were aimed at younger grades it would be very beneficial to simply have that world map that is in the first picture. They can see where in the world they would be able to speak French. For older children which is what I would aim more at (grade 4/5) they could actually dive into the locations of these places. They can see where in the world people speak French but they can also dive more into that. Seeing how many people, what is different about these places, and how the French dialect may differ too. I think this age group would find it super cool to compare different parts of the world. I don’t know if students realize that there is a difference between French in Canada and French in France. The location is one thing but the entire dialect is something else. What they know is probably that there are lots of places where people speak French, what they see is all the different places on the map, and what they wonder might be the differences between these places.